Pursuit of stolen vehicle suspect ends in crash into Escondido house

first_imgPursuit of stolen vehicle suspect ends in crash into Escondido house September 10, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News, Traffic & Accidents FacebookTwitter ESCONDIDO (KUSI) – A man suspected of driving a stolen pickup truck led police on a pursuit but was arrested Monday when he crashed into a house in Escondido, police said.The series of events began around 2 a.m. when an officer near the intersection of East El Norte Parkway and North Ash Street spotted a Toyota Tundra pickup truck that had been reported stolen, Escondido police Sgt. Ryan Banks said.A patrol officer tried to pull over the stolen truck, but the driver fled. The pursuit ended around 10 minutes later when the truck crashed into a house in the 500 block of Veronica Place, Banks said.The man driving the car and a woman in the passenger seat, both 18, were uninjured in the crash, Banks said.The driver was arrested on suspicion of vehicle theft and felony evading after being medically cleared for booking, Banks said.The woman was detained but later released, Banks said.No other injuries were reported.An estimate of the structural damage to the house was not immediately available. Posted: September 10, 2018 KUSI Newsroom KUSI Newsroom, last_img read more


WILMINGTON REC REMINDERS Take An Ocean City Getaway This Spring

first_imgWILMINGTON, MA — Below is a recent announcement from the Wilmington Recreation Department:Our travelers will boil it down for you – “just pay the Recreation Department the money, and then all you have to do is show up!”If you’re looking for a nice escape this Spring, consider a jaunt to Ocean City with Wilmington Recreation on Tuesday through Friday, May 28 – 31!We take care of all the details – once you’re registered you can sit back, relax and enjoy this wonderful tour! We’ll be staying right on the beach in Ocean City. This mid-Atlantic seaside resort town features miles of shoreline, a boardwalk lined with shops and restaurants, and proximity to Assateague Island, home to wild ponies. We’ll tour Ocean City and the Assateague Island National Seashore, we’ll explore the Victorian town of Berlin and we’ll visit a Life-Saving Museum. We’ve got evening entertainment including a Magic Show one night, and the option to visit the Ocean City Casino another night. We’ve got lots of fun activities included, as well as some down time so you can enjoy some R & R on your vacation, whether you want to walk the beach, shop or enjoy the indoor or outdoor pools at the hotel.Our package includes round trip motor coach transportation, 3 nights accommodations, 6 meals, admission fees, a Tour Director, taxes and gratuities (except Tour Director and Driver). $645 p.p.d.o.To register, or if you have any questions, please call the Wilmington Recreation Dept. at 978-658-4270.Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email wilmingtonapple@gmail.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedWILMINGTON REC REMINDERS: Mother’s Day Gift Ideas From The Recreation DepartmentIn “Community”WILMINGTON REC REMINDERS: Day Trip To New York City On October 19In “Community”WILMINGTON REC REMINDERS: Perfect 10-Day Trip For History Buffs Set For SeptemberIn “Community”last_img read more


Povertystricken father kills two daughters

first_imgLocals gather around the dead bodies recovered by police from Narsingdi launch terminal at Kawriapara on Friday night. Photo: UNBA man reportedly has strangulated his two daughters to death at a launch terminal in Narsingdi town, apparently having failed to bear their living cost and meet various demands due to abject poverty, reports UNB.The victims are Tarin, 12, and Tayiba, 4, daughters of day-labourer Shafiqul Islam of Chalakchar village under Barchapa union in Monahardi upazila.Police recovered the bodies of the two girls from a toilet of Narsingdi launch terminal at Kawriapara on Friday night. Later, police interrogated Shafiqul when he reportedly confessed to killing them.At a press conference at his office on Saturday noon, superintendent of police Miraj Uddin said Shafiqul took his two daughters to Shibpur to see the elder a physician. As he did not find any physician, he took them to Sadar Hospital. However, the hospital was closed on Friday.Later, he along with his two daughters went to visit the launch terminal.At one stage, the younger daughter wanted to eat litchi but Shafiqul had no enough money in his hand, the SP said, citing him. “He told us that he lost his senses thinking that he’ll have to buy new clothes for her children during Eid. Later, he took the younger daughter to a toilet and strangled her,” Miraj said, adding that he killed the elder daughter in the similar fashion.Shafiqul spoke incoherently, the SP said, adding that they recovered the bodies around 8:30pm and sent those to hospital for autopsy.Chairman of Barchapa union parishad Fakhrul Ashrah said Shafiqul has mental disorder.last_img read more


Tim Watts No Longer at Magic Baltimore 959 FM

first_imgTim Watts was an on-air personality at Magic 95.9 for 17 years. (Facebook photo)Tim Watts and Lorraine ‘Lolo’ Milliner, both long-time radio personalities for Magic Baltimore 95.9 FM, have been suddenly let go by the station according to statements posted on their respective Facebook pages. Watts’ statement suggested that his age was behind his having been let go, as the station seemed to be moving towards attracting a younger audience.“Well family, I just got back from vacation only to find that I am now on permanent vacation,” read Watts’s Facebook statement, in part. “Nojoke, I was called into the conference room and told this was my last day at Radio one. So this brings to an end 17 years at 95.9 . . . I guess the age of the listener they need to attract stayed the same. But my age kept going up. . . . I’ve got nothing bad to say about Radio One. They’ve always been very good to me. I would have liked to been able to say good bye on the air.”Similarly, Milliner wrote, in part, “Radio One let me go today after 22 years on the air. . . . I thank Radio One for the opportunity. It has truly been a blessing. I know God has a plan.”The AFRO has reached out to both Watts and Milliner, but both indicated that they were not prepared to comment publicly at this time. Watts’ Facebook statement suggested he might retire and joked he might be “sold for stud.” Milliner’s Facebook statement indicated she would now turn her focus to serving her community, the U.S. Virgin Islands, from which she hails.Online, fans expressed support for the radio personalities, thanking and encouraging them through comments on their respective Facebook posts. Valarie M. Jackson-Saunders commented on Watts’ page that she wished the radio station had handled the situation differently, while Michael-Alan Goodwin responded to Watts post, saying “[I] salute you for handling this situation with the utmost of class. You ARE a real class act.”Sandra Levin Setorie commented on Milliner’s post, saying, “Sorry to hear this LoLo. It’s not just Radio One’s loss, it [sic] a huge loss to the B’more community and diaspora. The wonderful thing is, there’s more to life post Radio One.”The AFRO reached out to Magic 95.9 for comment, but received no response prior to publication.last_img read more