PBS aired a segment on the anti-Darwinism controversy in the schools Monday (see PBS transcript). Ken Ham and Stephen Meyer presented arguments for criticizing Darwin, while Eugenie Scott and others defended exclusive evolutionary teaching. The Discovery Institute blog Evolution News analyzed the 14:32 minute segment, complaining that 90 minutes of Meyer’s interview received only 30 seconds of air time. The segment, narrated by Jeffrey Brown, included some clips from the ID film Unlocking the Mystery of Life.The media continue to slant this controversy according to the “alt-ctrl-Scopes” macro, Rob Crowther of EvolutionNews writes. But no one can deny that the debate is getting more and more attention. Sooner or later, the Darwinists, instead of just assuming their belief that humans had bacteria ancestors, will have to actually come up with some evidence for it.(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)FacebookTwitterPinterestSave分享0
19 March 2013American agricultural equipment manufacturer AGCO and its local partners have opened an African master parts distribution centre in Johannesburg to build the company’s sub-Saharan African network.“AGCO’s new state-of-the-art warehouse will allow us to better serve our customers in sub-Saharan Africa with high-quality products and services,” AGCO CEO Martin Richenhagen said at the official opening of the centre on Friday.AGCO has a presence in over 140 countries and designs, manufactures and distributes agricultural equipment such as tractors, combines, sprayers and hay tools in five core brands: Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson and Valtra.It is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.Located close to OR Tambo airport on Johannesburg’s East Rand, the warehouse is at the centre of a well-connected logistics network, said AGCO director for Africa and the Middle East, Nuradin Osman.The new warehouse is an important step in the firm’s plans to improve its after-sales service. It will stock up to 40 000 parts to improve response times and cut down on machine downtime.“Overall AGCO is investing about $35-million in the after-sales service infrastructure in Africa to ensure excellent parts availability and machine uptime,” Osman said.“Having successfully established the new African master warehouse, we will now focus on developing satellite warehouses in east and west Africa to support these growing markets.”The warehouse will also deal in parts shipments to AGCO’s southern Africa distributor Barloworld to expand its range of locally stocked parts.“In addition to the implementation of the new master parts distribution centre in Johannesburg, AGCO has taken further strategic steps to expand its presence in Africa – opening a Global Learning Center and Future Farm in Zambia that allows local farmers and dealers to be trained on modern farming technology,” the company said.It has also established a joint venture with local partners in Algeria to manufacture Massey Ferguson tractors for the African market.SAinfo reporter
Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa Catriona Gray spends Thanksgiving by preparing meals for people with illnesses For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. Lady Eagles kick off bid vs Lady Bombers Read Next Lyceum’s CJ Perez finished with 15 points and four steals for Heroes. But Perez struggled just like Kent Salado in the final minute as the Saints tightened up on defense.Meanwhile, Arellano forward Lervin Flores ruled the slam dunk contest, leaping over three people, including comedian Empoy Marquez who was among the judges.Flores’ perfect 50 dunk in the final round rescued what was an otherwise drab affair which saw six of the nine participants unable to convert their dunk attempts.It was redemption for Flores, who was left frustrated last year when he failed to get past the first round of the competition.Justin Gutang of St. Benilde settled for second place after getting a score of 45 for his 360 slam.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s wedding Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes PLAY LIST 01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes01:1355,000 early birds flock at Manila North Cemetery04:36Undas 2019: Remembering the dead and reuniting with the living01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games LOOK: Venues for 2019 SEA Games UPLB exempted from SEA Games class suspension Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments Mapua ruled two side events as Almel Orquina topped the three-point contest, besting a strong field that also included 2016 champion Amiel Soberano. Another Cardinal, JP Nieles ruled the skills challenge while Perpetual, led by GJ Ylagan, topped the Shooting Stars competition. SEA Games in Calabarzon safe, secure – Solcom chief While Eze did most of the damage inside the paint, Fernandez also had a San Beda-Letran combination to thank for as Rey Nambatac joined forces with Robert Bolick and Javee Mocon in a strong finish.Bolick nailed a triple from the corner with 1:49 for an 82-80 cushion.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutEze, who also had 14 rebounds, was named MVP of the All Star game, matching the achievement of his former teammate Bright Akhuetie.“At least the players enjoyed and we were able to balance their playing time,” said Fernandez. “Eze played really well. He has really blossomed as a player.” Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netPerpetual Help’s Prince Eze, the Most Valuable Player award front-runner at the end of the first round, sparkled down the stretch as Saints All Stars outlasted Heroes, 84-80, in the fourth annual NCAA All Star Game last Friday night at Filoil Flying V Centre in San Juan.In a surprisingly tough and competitive encounter, the 6-foot-10 Eze, playing heavy minutes, drained two free throws with 10 seconds remaining to seal the victory for the Saints of San Beda coach Boyet Fernandez.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC
The uniform, with a flesh-colored section between stomach and thighs, was worn by the Colombian teamThe president of the International Cycling Union says the flesh-colored uniforms worn by a Colombian women’s cycling team are “unacceptable.”The uniform, with a flesh-colored section between stomach and thighs, was worn by IDRD-Bogota Humana-San Mateo-Solgar riders at the Tour of Tuscany in Italy over the weekend.The images of Colombian women’s new cycling kit has gone viral on social mediaUCI President Brian Cookson wrote on his Twitter account that “it is unacceptable by any standard of decency.”To the many who have raised the issue of a certain women’s team kit, we are on the case. It is unacceptable by any standard of decency. Brian Cookson OBE (@BrianCooksonUCI) September 14, 2014It is unclear if the six-woman team was intending to wear a similar uniform next week while representing Colombia at the road world championships in Ponferrada, Spain.Pictures of the team shared on social media prompted Cookson’s response.The British official wrote: “To the many who have raised the issue of a certain women’s team kit, we are on the case.”Among leading riders criticising the outfits was the Welsh former Commonwealth, Olympic and world road race champion Nicole Cooke.This has turned the sport into a joke. Girls stand up for yourselves – say no pic.twitter.com/Jpt1Vo9Xog Nicole Cooke (@NicoleCooke2012) September 14, 2014″This has turned the sport into a joke,” she said. “Girls stand up for yourselves – say no.”advertisement
Man City boss Guardiola: Congratulations to Crystal Palaceby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City boss Pep Guardiola says they won’t lose their fighting spirit after defeat at home to Crystal Palace.With the Blues trailing league leaders Liverpool by four points, Guardiola refused to be drawn into talk of panic, crediting Palace for their triumph and urging a response from the Champions on Boxing Day.”We have an incredible team – fantastic players,” he stated. “We started quite decent and created chances. We scored a fantastic goal and after they passed the halfway line they scored.”The first two times Crystal Palace crossed our halfway line, they scored. We played good. Their second goal was an incredible goal.“We reacted well to the second goal and in the second half, we started okay. We put more people in the box.”The third goal… the penalty was really tough for us. We cannot concede the penalty we conceded. We have to try and avoid it. Football is like this – three shots on goal and three goals.“We scored a goal – a little bit late but even then, we had chances to score. We did absolutely everything.“They arrived two times and before the penalty, they hit the post but they didn’t have another shot on target.“Congratulations to Palace. Defensively, they were brilliant. I give a lot of credit.“That is football and sometimes it happens. The teams are good and there is a lot of quality.“Now, we must go onto the next one. There are a lot of games to play. We have to recover mentally and recover our physicality.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
dabo swinney hype video clemsonClemson ended the first half with a 44-yard field goal attempt that was blocked by Alabama and fell short. The Tigers were forced to burn their final timeout and lost an additional play after referees somehow allowed several seconds to tick off the clock after a first-down completion.The refs are taking heat for this on social media, and Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney made sure to let them know they messed up on his way into the locker room. In hallway on way to locker room, Dabo Swinney screamed repeatedly at officials “you made us use a time out” on late first half scenario— Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) January 12, 2016Our only hope? That clock snafu and the points it might have cost Clemson doesn’t end up costing the Tigers the game in the long run.
CALGARY – The Alberta Energy Regulator says a pipeline owned by Calgary-based Mount Bastion Oil & Gas Corp. has leaked about 560 barrels of an oil and water mixture at a northern Alberta wellsite.AER spokesman Jordan Fitzgerald says the regulator has staff supervising cleanup by the company at the site about 65 kilometres northwest of Red Earth Creek, which is about 420 kilometres north of Edmonton.He says the company reports the oil emulsion spill affected about 5,000 square metres of swampy muskeg, adding there have been no reports of injury to wildlife or damage to nearby creeks.Data on the AER website indicates the spill is the largest of three pipeline leaks the company has reported in the past 16 months.In July 2016, it reported a pipeline leaked about 315 barrels of oil and 125 barrels of produced saltwater at a site 75 kilometres northwest of Red Earth Creek, and in December 2016 it reported a leak of three barrels of oil and 120 barrels of saltwater at a site 30 kilometres northeast of the town.Fitzgerald says the company’s previous record will be considered by staff as they investigate the spill. The company could face penalties ranging from warnings to fines or licence restrictions.Note to readers: This is a corrected story. The original said the spill was oil alone.
Mumbai: Actress Taapsee Pannu says she wants to learn pole dancing from her “Judwaa 2” co-star Jacqueline Fernandez. She said this on talk show “Feet up with the Stars Season 2”, presented by Voot Originals and hosted by celebrity stylist Anaita Shroff Adajania, read a statement. Asked what would she do if Jacqueline was her neighbour, Taapsee said: “I think we’ll be working out together, she works out really crazy.” “I don’t mind learning pole dancing from her. I know I’ll be horrible at it but I really want to work out with her,” she added. The actress wants to be filmmaker Anurag Kashyap’s best friend. “I want to be his best friend and tag along to fancy Hollywood parties. It is my ultimate desire to attend Hollywood parties,” she said. Taapsee worked with Kashyap in “Manmarziyaan” and is working with him again in a supernatural thriller. At the moment, Taapsee is busy with “Saand Ki Aankh”, which also features Bhumi Pednekar. It is based on old sharpshooters — Chandro Tomar and her sister-in-law Prakashi Tomar. Chandro, 87, and Prakashi, 82, are from Uttar Pradesh’s Johri village and reportedly took up sharpshooting in their 50s. Chandro, fondly called shooter ‘dadi’, is among the world’s oldest female sharpshooters. Directed by Tushar Hiranandani, “Saand Ki Aankh” also features Prakash Jha and Vicky Kadian in pivotal roles.
New Delhi: Net employment generation in the formal sector almost trebled to 8.61 lakh in February compared to 2.87 lakh in the same month of last year, according to the latest EPFO payroll data. The retirement fund body Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation has been releasing payroll data from April 2018, covering the period starting September 2017. According to the latest data, the highest job creation was recorded in January 2019 at 8.94 lakh against the provisional estimate of 8.96 lakh released last month. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscalDuring February 2019, the highest number of 2.36 lakh jobs were created in the 22-25 years age group, followed by 2.09 lakh in the 18-21 years age bracket. The data showed that 80.86 lakh new jobs were created in the 18 months period from September 2017 to February 2019. However, the EPFO has revised downward the number of net subscribers added or new jobs created from September 2017 to January 2019 to 72.24 lakh from 76.48 lakh released last month. Also Read – Food grain output seen at 140.57 mt in current fiscal on monsoon boostThe sharpest revision was for March 2018 in the latest report which showed contraction or exit of 55,934 members from the EPFO subscriptions. Last month, the EPFO payroll data had showed that as many as 29,023 members exited from its schemes in March 2018. In February 2019, the EPFO data had showed that as many as 5,498 members joined EPFO schemes in March 2018. On contraction in March 2018 numbers, the EPFO said, “March 2018 figure is negative due to large number of exits reported in the month of March, in view of it being the closing month of the financial year.” The EPFO said the data is provisional as updation of employee records is a continuous process and gets updated in subsequent months. This is age-band wise data of new members registered under the EPFO where the first non-zero contribution received during a particular month. For each age-wise band, the estimates are net of the members newly enrolled, exited and rejoined during the month as per records of the EPFO, it added. The estimates may include temporary employees whose contributions may not be continuous for the entire year. Members’ data are linked to unique Aadhaar Identity, it added. The EPFO manages social security funds of workers in the organised or semi organised sector in India and has more than 6 crore active members (with at least one-month contribution during the year).
Kolkata: The anti-rowdy section (ARS) of Kolkata Police’s detective department busted a cricket betting racket on Friday night and arrested seven persons in this connection during the Indian Premier League (IPL) match at Eden Gardens.Three of the arrested persons are residents of Nagpur, while four of them are from Madhya Pradesh. “We have arrested seven persons on the basis of a source information regarding cricket betting at Eden Gardens during the cricket match played between Kolkata Knight Riders and Royal Challengers Bangalore. The group was nabbed by our ARS team after prolonged observation at F1 Block. 14 mobile phones including one betting accessory and other equipment have been seized,” said Pravin Tripathi, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime). Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaAccording to police sources, the arrested persons have been identified as Mukul Jain, Piyush Jain, Pratik Jain and Mayank Seth, all hailing from Sagar district under Motinagar police station, Madhya Pradesh. The three other residents of Nagpur who have been nabbed are Dipak Kumar Kaslikar of Etowari, Wasim Ahmed of Tehasil and Gobind Maniyar of Nandan I. All of them are in the age group of 20 to 35. It may be mentioned that only on Wednesday, two people were held along with Rs 1.70 lakh and two cell phones by South Zone Task Force in Telangana, after a cricket betting racket was busted during the match between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Chennai Super Kings.