A Gujjar family, which helped in the burial of the eight-year-old rape victim of Kathua in Jammu and Kashmir, has lodged a complaint alleging harassment from the Hindu Ekta Manch. Muhammad Rafi from Kathua’s Kootha village said in his complaint: “My way was blocked by a group of agitators and foul language was used around 2 p.m. on April 13. They even threatened me and my family of dire consequences.” Talib Hussian, a lawyer activist, seeking justice for the Kathua rape victim, said, “The Hindu Ekta Manch is leaving no stone unturned to make sure that the Muslim nomads are intimidated and forced to give up their land.”
Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Palace: Duterte to hear out security execs on alleged China control of NGCP The fight at Mandalay Bay is one of the most anticipated of the year. Not only is it a rematch of the top two light heavyweights in the world — and arguably two of the best in any division — but many see it as a chance for clarity after the first fight ended in controversy.Ward won by unanimous decision, with all three judges scoring it 114-113. But Kovalev, who knocked down Wardin the second round with a straight right hand to the face, claimed he won the fight and complained that all three judges were American.Ward, an Olympic gold medalist in 2004, credited Kovalev for being a game opponent but said the fight changed after the knock down.“Past that, I think if you look at the scorecards it’s pretty dominant after that,” Ward said. “He won some rounds for sure. It’s a 12-round fight, he’s going to get his. But I think it was pretty consistent and pretty dominant. That doesn’t mean that it’s a given going into this fight. He’s going to make adjustments and I assume he’s going to be better and I definitely have to be better and will be better.”Ward called his performance in the first fight “workman-like” but expects things to be different the second time around, both from Kovalev and from himself.ADVERTISEMENT BREAKING: Cop killed, 11 hurt in Misamis Oriental grenade blast MOST READ BREAKING: Cop killed, 11 hurt in Misamis Oriental grenade blast Andre Ward celebrates after defeating Sergey Kovalev, of Russia, during their light heavyweight boxing title bout, Saturday, Nov. 19, 2016, in Las Vegas. APHAYWARD, Calif. — Light heavyweight champion Andre Ward brushed off comments made by Sergey Kovalev this week and said the Russian challenger is in for a big surprise in their rematch.During a 25-minute meeting with members of the media before holding a public workout not far from his hometown of Oakland, Ward flashed his familiar grin and laughed at times but turned quite serious when the topic turned to Kovalev and their June 17 bout in Las Vegas.ADVERTISEMENT Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games LATEST STORIES BSP survey: PH banks see bright horizon amid dark global recession clouds Every 18 seconds someone is diagnosed with HIV Curry takes verbal swipe at Rihanna after Finals antics Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Cayetano dares Lacson, Drilon to take lie-detector test: Wala akong kinita sa SEA Games Pagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR On Tuesday, Kovalev (30-1-1) let loose with a series of stinging remarks and called Ward (31-0) a fake champion. The 34-year-old Russian also claimed he had been hit harder by a young woman than he was at any point when he lost his three title belts to Ward last November.The normally low-key Ward responded Friday, saying he was mostly amused by Kovalev’s comments.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“It’s funny because they’re not even good at it,” Ward said. “If you’re going to talk smack just come with it, enough where I can at least respect it, like ‘OK, that’s a good one.’ If he wants to post Twitter messages and Instagram messages until his fingers fall off, go for it.“At the end of the day it really doesn’t matter, bro, you have to see me in a couple of weeks. It’s time to show up. You have to see me.” “It’s going to be a lot more flair, it’s going to be a lot more fun,” Ward said. “I’m fixing to put on a show and it’s as simple as that. I’ve gotten back to just enjoying what I do. Just having fun and doing what I want to do.”Ward said he’s drawing added inspiration from the Golden State Warriors’ unbeaten run through the postseason. The Bay Area native has attended numerous games over the years and routinely exchanges text messages with Warriors star Kevin Durant.His primary motivation, though, is to quiet the critics. And Kovalev.“Really it’s about answering any questions that are out there, removing all doubt, and putting a muzzle on him and his team because they’ve been doing way too much talking lately,” Ward said.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View comments
Share your voice Tags This data breach response tool tells you what to do next Data breaches can sucker-punch you. Prepare to fight back What to do when your data is exposed or stolen Now playing: Watch this: 1:48 An exposed database reveals personal info for 1.6 million job seekers around the world. Graphic by Pixabay/Illustration by CNET An unsecured database of personal information, including phone numbers, salary expectations and openness to new job opportunities, of about 1.6 million job seekers from around the world has been discovered online, according to research published Monday. The database, found by independent researcher Anurag Sen in May, includes information on professionals from the US, Australia, Japan and several other countries.The database appears to be owned by Indian recruitment company Talanton AI. It’s hosted in plain text on a cloud server, and anyone with a web browser can access it with the right web address. Names in the database include potential job seekers with high-profile roles in the Australian government, at Tommy Hilfiger Japan and in the FBI’s Domestic Security Alliance Council, a public-private partnership that shares information about cybersecurity threats with the government.Sen released the research as a contractor for Safety Detective, an Israeli company that reviews antivirus software. A researcher at Safety Detective who helped vet the information said the exposure could put workers in an awkward position at their jobs. What’s more, phone numbers and email addresses can help scammers who want to impersonate company officials.The data appears to have been found on LinkedIn profiles, as well as with direct outreach to job seekers. Safety Detective checked some of the information and determined it was real. Post a comment The exposure is an example of a serious, ongoing problem that can inadvertently affect almost anyone. Companies around the globe have moved sensitive information to cloud servers, but many lack the expertise to do so securely. The transition has led to exposures of sensitive health information, financial data and private contact information. Even children’s information has been exposed.A database exposure is not the same as a hack, because you don’t need to break into a computer system to find the data. Instead, you just need to find the right IP address, which is the distinct numerical address assigned to each page on the internet. There’s no indication hackers have accessed the information in the Talanton AI database.In May, Sen found an unsecured database owned by Indian marketing company Chttrbox, which contained contact information for Instagram influencers. The data wasn’t private, but had been collected in a manner that violated Instagram’s terms of service, according to the photo-sharing service.A community of researchers around the world spend their time hunting down exposed databases and trying to get them fixed, but new databases with poor security come online every day, experts say.Talanton AI’s website doesn’t appear to be fully functional. Links and buttons on the home page lead to 404 error messages or do nothing. When contacted about the exposure, a Talanton representative said he would share the information with the appropriate person.Sen’s research indicated that the database is hosted on a cloud server operated by Tata Communications. Tata said it doesn’t host the Talanton AI database.It isn’t the responsibility of a cloud service provider to secure client information, but some will notify customers if a problem is discovered and will help protect the data.Originally published June 17.Correction, June 28: This story has been updated to indicate that Tata Communications doesn’t host the Talanton AI database. Security Internet Privacy 0 A database with info on 80M+ US households was left open…
The Central Government, on Monday, urged the Supreme Court to take immediate action on the fate of the illegal coal block allocations, but has requested not to invalidate 46 operational ones.Pointing at the critical power condition in the country, Attorney General Mukul Rahtogi asked the apex court to spare at least 46 coal blocks that has been declared illegal among 218 total blocks.He told the court that these blocks are either producing coal or is in the process of producing the much needed fuel at the time. A total of 40 blocks is currently operational while rest 6 blocks are expected to become operational shortly, Times of India reported.However, Rohtagi told SC that the Centre would accept whatever decision the apex court takes on the coal block allocation scam.The Centre is ready for the cancellation of the illegal and arbitrary allocation but urged the SC to take immediate decision as government would need to begin instant auctioning of the coal blocks to meet the power needs, as India is dependent mostly on coal as fuel for power generation.On 26 August, SC had declared that all coal blocks allocations between 1993 and 2011 lacked transparency and were issued through illegal methods; and whether or not all the allocations would be cancelled has to be decided in hearings starting from Monday.